May 28, 2009

After our jog today, coming home to the SQUIRREL!

Tootsie aka Batman Matott (named thus by my son) got the scent of a squirrel in the trap. SHE WENT NUTS! Then we spotted a mother robin, who swooped both Toots and me on the way to her nest on MY drainspout on MY house, but that did not stop her from swooping low to make sure we didn't get too close...





The Toots found a great place to take a nap. Yeah, easy for her. I am the squirrel's school bus, carting them to and fro, mostly fro...

Bob Ross, the old network television painter is the one pictured. It is amazing what you can find when you google... get it FRO???

3 comments:

Texas Mom said...

Justin,

I just found your blog and I am so thankful I did. I am amazed at your talent. My husband and I are both teachers. I can't wait to read some of your books. I have a huge passion for children's books. I am thrilled to have found you! Keep up the GREAT work! Look forward to reading more about, and from you.

Justin Matott said...

Thanks so much. I do school visits all over the country and even out of the country at times. Check out my books and Go Ask Mom and The World According to Gabe are great read alouds!

Bonnie said...

Tootsie is so pretty. I love her color. Skylar loves laying in the sun all stretched out too. I emailed both boys teachers 2nd &
5th grade) about your contest and they were pretty enthusiastic about sharing with the class.. we'll see what happens.