June 4, 2010

Ocean, Ocean, Ocean...


There are things that touch the soul so deeply, that the heart longs for, that is a constant source of inspiration, a muse, passion and drive.



For me it has always been the ocean.


I am writing about the ocean, to share that passion with others who share it or haven't yet discovered it.


I am one day closer to waking up every morning within yards of the roaring surf.



Since I was eight years old, when I first met the sea, I have dreamed and thought about returning, not for a vacation or short time, but for good. Now my characters are experiencing the wonder of the ocean and in many ways I am rediscovering the wonders myself through that reflection.


What drives you? What makes you long for it when you are not near it? What are you doing to move toward it right now?




2 comments:

Terra said...

cold, wet, white, fluffy snowflakes - piling up outside my window - so deep I can't leave home - shoveling it in the warm sunshine. I could do this daily. I miss the snow - I love the snow - I can still see the snow from my window but not for long.

Terra said...

PS - check out Jenny Matlock Saturday Centus - and start joining in...brings a lot of guests!