December 9, 2008

Books are the "door" to the head and heart
























Rossman Elementary School in Cheyenne, Wyoming honored me greatly when I visited their school last month. Everywhere you looked my books were covering the doors.

The kids were so excited when I walked in because each one of them were given a copy of one of my signed books to keep by the school. My hostess, Reva, is about the nicest person you could meet as was the rest of the staff AND students!

A special Thanksgiving feast was served for lunch, complete with Turkey, Dressing, Cranberry, taters and all the fixins! Talk about the opposite from a regular school lunch. No offense to my lunch lady friends!

After a very fun day of assemblies we had a great evening with the families who came back for more story telling and book signing (and I believe the draw bigger than me was the fact that there were nachos for all!

We wrapped up late and then I headed north to Wright Wyoming to meet more Wonderful Wyomingites! (You can see their slide show at the top left under "relevant links".

No wonder this author loves visiting schools!

THANK YOU TO MY FRIENDS AT ROSSMAN!!

No comments: